Collection of Personal Information
Personal information that is collected by Palmetto, its related companies and affiliates (collectively “Palmetto”) includes information about an identifiable individual such as the following:
- contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number;
- information provided when you register or otherwise provide information on our website;
- information provided when you complete questionnaires or surveys;
- information provided when you participate in a promotion or contest;
- information provided otherwise such as by telephone, by mail or through our website;
- records of customer calls or product-related comments or inquiries;
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Linked Sites and Affiliates:
Personal information collected from Palmetto’s affiliates, agencies and related institutions may also be combined with information obtained online at Palmetto’s website or at any of Palmetto’s customer service centers. Personal information collected may also be transferred both domestically and internationally to enable Palmetto to more effectively manage its customer information and to provide more efficient service tailored to the unique needs of its customers.
Use of Personal Information
- By Palmetto:
Palmetto will only use the personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected. Personal Information collected by Palmetto may be used for the following purposes:
- receiving and replying to your requests, inquiries and comments;
- with your consent, sending you information about products and promotions offered by Palmetto and/or contacting you to conduct telephone surveys and market research;
- with your consent, sending coupons from time to time;
- providing customer service;
- administering promotions and contests;
- creating a database of individuals who have registered to receive information from us;
- understanding your preferences, needs and interests and, with your consent, offering you products and information that are likely to be of interest to you and personalizing your experience when visiting our website such as by presenting you with information and offerings that we think will be of interest to you;
- improving our products;
- managing our business, including customer relations;
- ensuring the security of our business operations including our website;
- managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
- maintaining business records for reasonable periods and as required by law, and generally managing and administering our business, including defending and prosecuting legal claims;
- meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security, accounting and processing requirements;
- purposes disclosed at the time of collection of personal information; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Disclosure to Third Parties:
Except as provided herein, Palmetto will not share with third parties the personal information of its customers or users, except where such disclosure is consented to. In such cases and where ever possible Palmetto will request consent to third party disclosure at the time the personal information is collected.
- Disclosure required by law or under special circumstances:
Palmetto will access, collect and/or disclose personal information where required to do so by law pursuant to a search warrant, court order or other valid legal request, or under special circumstances where there exists a good faith belief that such access, collection and/or disclosure are warranted.
- Control of Personal Information and withdrawing Consent:
Any individual may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. The individual will be informed of the implications of such withdrawal on services provided by Palmetto or its affiliates as applicable.
Accuracy of and Access to Personal Information
Palmetto strives to keep the personal information of its customers accurate, up-to-date and complete for the purposes for which it is to be used. In this regard Palmetto customers can access their personal information at any time by contacting Palmetto’s customer service and submitting a written request for such access. Palmetto will provide the individual with particulars as to the disclosure of his/her personal information and shall provide the individual with access to that information. The individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
To gain access to personal information held by Palmetto the individual making the request will be required to provide sufficient information to permit Palmetto to provide an account of the existence, use and disclosure of the personal information. In particular, verification of identity by user identification or password will be required before access to personal information is granted.
Safeguards for Protection of Personal Information
Protection of personal information is of paramount importance to Palmetto. As such Palmetto has implemented security safeguards to protect personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or use.
Access to personal information by Palmetto employees is restricted to that which is necessary to perform their duties. Palmetto employees are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information and are committed to that end.
Any personal information collected by Palmetto shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it was collected. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purpose will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. Palmetto will take all reasonable care in the destruction of or disposal of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information.
We do not provide content on our websites which are intended to attract or encourage the participation of children. We do not solicit or knowingly accept information from persons under the age of 18.
Privacy Statement changes
Complaints and Enforcement of Privacy Statement
All complaints received by Palmetto will be investigated and if justified, Palmetto will take the appropriate measures, including if necessary, amending its policies and practices, to resolve the complaint.